Thursday, September 29, 2011

The Worst Attractions Recap Part 3: Magic Kingdom Continued (the Fails)

So it has been an embarrassingly long time since I last posted in this series.  I am trying to finish it up I swear!  Anyways, as you may recall, the original purpose of this blog was to chronicle my experiences riding all of the "worst" (read: boring, unpopular, ones I've routinely avoided) attractions in Walt Disney World on my trip with my sister last winter.  Check out Part 1 (the Magic Kingdom "Successes") and Part 2 (Epcot Failures and Successes)! 

Although I did a bunch of the worst attractions in the Magic Kingdom, I still somehow managed to miss several.  Let's take a look at the Magic Kingdom Worst Attraction Fails shall we?
  • The Swiss Family Treehouse:  I just didn't bother.  This was sheer laziness on my part.  I suppose I could have gone.  I imagine the line wasn't too long.  I just didn't.  To be fair, I don't think my sister would have been interested in it and I got depressed after she left and was kind of dragging myself through the parks at that point.  I think I'm going to try it out next time I am there though!


  • The Hall of Presidents:  I couldn't convince my sister to do this attraction (I didn't tell her about my boring attractions goal) even though I did suggest it once or twice.  However, I DID try to hit it after she left.  I spent the morning in another park (Epcot, I think, or maybe the Studios) and then decided to amble over to the Magic Kingdom to hit up the HoP among other attractions.  HOWEVER, by the time I got to the HoP, there was a sign outside saying that it closed at 3PM that day!  Needless to say I was disappointed.  I will definitely be trying this one on my next trip (which may or may not be already in the works -ahem!-).

  • Tom Sawyer Island:  See, above, re: Swiss Family Treehouse.  I'm even less interested in TSI than I am in SFT because it seems more time-consuming.  But I still might try to cajole myself into trying it next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment