Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Nearly Wordless Wednesday Blog Hop

Welcome to another Wordless Wednesday Blog Hop. 
Thanks to the Info Mouse Blog and Deb at Focused on the Magic for hosting.

Here we have the Gourmet Truffled Mac N Cheese Hot Dog from Fairfax Fare at Hollywood Studios. 

 
Gotta say, I wasn't a fan.  It was REALLY hard and messy to eat.  And the truffled flavor tasted really synthetic.  I get that if they had used real truffle oil it would have been prohibitively expensive for most people, but I think they could have just cut it out entirely and been just fine.



Also, I waited on a fairly long line to get the hot dog and right as I got to the window (after some super annoying guests ahead of me - guys, always know what you're going to order when you get to the window.  Don't chat with your friends on line and then hem and haw for 20 minutes when it's finally your turn.  I may destroy you if you are ahead of me and do this) they ran out of hot dogs!!! 

So I had to wait and wait while they got more.  Grrrr, not happy.  But at least I tried it.  Now I gotta try the other gourmet hot dogs offered!




Focused on the Magic







10 comments:

  1. Guess it looks better than it tastes :). But, at least now you know. Thanks for sharing!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Interesting combo. You're more adventurous than I! Now you...and I know, not to try it! Thanks!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks so interesting! I'd love to try it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Give a whirl but bring lots of napkins! And be aware you might find the truffle flavor (which is mixed in w/ the bacon before it's sprinkled on top of the mac n cheese) offputtingly fake-tasting!

      Delete
  4. Well, you successfully took that off of my list to eat! : )

    ReplyDelete
  5. That looks good! If I'd heard the name without the picture, it might not have sounded as good. The picture made it look delish!

    Hope you have a good week :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. That appears to be all kinds of stuff I can't eat. But I guess that's ok considering your experience...not missing a thing, am I? ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  7. This looks like it shouold be eaten as two separate things - a plain hot dog and truffled amc and cheese on the side! I am not digging the thought of the two together on a bun! Thanks for being the brave tester! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for taking one for the Home Team on this one .. I'm thinking I'll pass on the truffle hot dog!

    ReplyDelete