- Magic Kingdom:
- Pre-opening breakfast reservations in the Magic Kingdom
- Riding the Jungle Cruise at night
- Also: a particular native on the shore actually shouts "I love Disco!" as you cruise by!
- Also in Adventureland - Find the a Hidden Mickey in the pavement among the jewels and broken tiles.
- Party line in the Confectionary
- Throw a coin in Cinderella's fountain for a special effect
- Lunch or dinner Cinderella's Royal Table
- The whole Kiss Goodnight
- Root beer slush in the souvenier boot at Pecos Bill's
- Even though I hate Splash Mountain (drops are a serious no)
- in the queue for Splash Mountain, listen as you pass by thelittle houses hanging in the trees - some critters talk to each other, maybe even Chip & Dale
- As you pass Br’er Bear hanging from a tree, on the ground nearby there is a book entitled How To Catch A Rabbit, which Br’er Bear and Br’er Fox look to for instruction, written by Br’er Wolf.
- Near the Zip-A-Dee Lady, one large cloud is in the shape of Mickey Mouse, projected onto the wall. You can see this from the Walt Disney World Railroad as you pass through Splash Mountain.
- Mickey's Holiday Party
- The briar patch near the entrance to Splash Mountain (I never go b/c I hate this ride but it sounds kind of cute!)
- Cheshire Cake Cups
- The mac n cheese offerings at Friar's Nook
- Check out the sparkly Christmas Tree in Ye Old Christmas Shoppe!
- "One cast member said she was on break but would be glad to help, while another took the girls around the store and brought them in front of a magical Christmas tree. The cast member asked each girl to make a wish and magically, the tree sparkled!"
- Finding the "official ring" at the Haunted Mansion: close to a trash can as you meander through the interactive queue.
- The Christmas Castle lighting ceremony: There’s a nightly ceremony at 6:15 (Cinderella’s Holiday Wish) with Mickey and Friends, The Fairy Godmother, and Cinderella and Charming that you really don’t want to miss
- Eat dinner at Be Our Guest Restaurant - in all 3 of the rooms
- if at all possible, snag a table in the West Wing and keep an eye on the Prince’s portrait! Wait until you hear the thunder and watch the painting for a magical surprise during the lightning /when you see the petal fall from the rose, the picture of Adam will change quickly to the Beast and back. [this didn't work at lunch]
- Check out the snow falling from the windows!
- Opening ceremonies at Epcot (if any?) and Animal Kingdom
- Magic Kingdom was done on my last solo trip and Studios a couple times as it is necessary for TSM!
- Talking trashcan in Electric Umbrella
- Veiled Maiden from the Kringla Bakeri in Norway
- Okonomiyaki, from Katsura Grill
- Nudel Graten from Somerfest in Germany
- Open the old Coke freezer at the Outpost for a Surprise
- The brioche pressed ice cream sammiches in France!
- Hidden Mickey in the paintings on display in France
- Check out these details of the Morocco Pavilion:
- Across from Morocco is an aqua-duct. They use it grow vegetables and plants. Most people will walk right on by without noticing it. [the new construction blocked this]
- There is a prayer room made of “gold”. It is open to the general public and any CMs that want to use it. [I walked around and didn't see it]
- Maybe I can find the above on a Treasures of Morocco tour??
- "Epcot’s Morocco Pavilion is one of our favorites in that there are so many corners and streets to explore. Many guests don’t know that a little museum can be found in this pavilion. It’s not clearly marked and the doors are usually closed, but go ahead and pull it open. You’re allowed" - Touring Plans.com. Does anyone know specifically where this is?
- The Osborne Family Spectacle of Lights
- The fried cheese and the s'mores dessert (and Viewfinder menu) at 50's Prime Time
- After you exit the ToT library there are fuse boxes on the left side, pull the lever
- Cobb salad and grapefruit cake at the Brown Derby
- Try each and every cupcake at Starring Rolls and on my Cupcake Encyclopedia
Marble and Butterfinger are done already! Red Velvet A new chocolate cherry one! I scooped AJ!
- Peanut Butter Chocolate
- Animal Kingdom
- Camp Minnie Mickey (RIP) - Herb and Flora talking bushes
- Dinoland Jeep behind which is a row of fossils in the wall that are musical
- Pippa the talking recycling bin at AK entrance
- At end of Bugs life, look up and watch the bugs fly out
- The little dinosaur fountain- a dinosaur head that spits out water
- General/Out of Parks
- Try each "tour" offered
- Magic Kingdom Park
- Disney's Family Magic Tour
Disney's Keys to the Kingdom Tour
- Disney's The Magic Behind Our Steam Trains Tour
- Walt Disney: Marceline to Magic Kingdom Tour
- The Ultimate Tour of Thrills (15% discount)
- Gardens of the World (offered seasonally)
- The UnDISCOVERed Future World
- Disney's Dolphins in Depth
- Epcot DiveQuest
- Epcot Seas Aqua Tours
- Epcot Behind the Seeds (15% discount)
- Disney's Animal Kingdom Theme Park
- Wild by Design
- Backstage Safari
- Multiple Theme Parks and Backstage Areas
- Backstage Magic
- Disney's Holiday D-Lights (offered seasonally)
- Disney's Yuletide Fantasy (offered seasonally)
- Grand Floridian
- Arrancini and dessert at Citricos
- Strawberries and cream from the GF Cafe
- Victoria and Albert's (regular and the chef's table)
- Key from GF
- Ladybug release Thursdays at GF
Brownie frosting sandwich at Earl of Sandwich Did at Disneyland but would do again
- Butter Chicken at Sanaa
Bread pudding from Ohana (but I should try this again)
- Boardwalk Bakery
Salted caramel ganache
- Pull-apart brioche
- Blackberry macaron
Use my Disney Visa points to make myself one of those custom charm bracelets (need to add more)
- OKAY FINE: basically all of these that I haven't done (as of April 2012, my score is 27 but I attribute that to my heavier focus on Deluxe Resort dining (where is Captain Cook's grownup grilled cheese? Whither Jiko's filet with mac n cheese?))
Monday, March 19, 2012
Note to Self: Disney World To Do List
You may have read my Disneyland To Do List and my WDW bucket list. Here is the running list I have going for things that are probably a little more achievable than some of the things on my bucket list. I try to cross things off the list with each trip. And yes, there will be some overlap between this and my bucket list, but I think of this as a more realistic "To Do" list than a "Bucket" list. And yes, a lot of them revolve around food. :) Enjoy!
Posted by V @ No Privacy At All Around This Place! at 6:00 AM