- Magic Kingdom:
- Pre-opening breakfast reservations in the Magic Kingdom
- Riding the Jungle Cruise at night
- Also: a particular native on the shore actually shouts "I love Disco!" as you cruise by!
- Also in Adventureland - I hear there may be a Hidden Mickey in the pavement among the jewels and broken tiles. I am a HM purist so we shall see, but I'd like to find it if it exists!
- Party line in the Confectionary
- Throw a coin in Cinderella's fountain for a special effect
- Lunch or dinner Cinderella's Royal Table
- The whole Kiss Goodnight
- Root beer slush in the souvenier boot at Pecos Bill's
- Mickey's Holiday Party
- The briar patch near the entrance to Splash Mountain (I never go b/c I hate this ride but it sounds kind of cute!)
- Cheshire Cake Cups
- The mac n cheese offerings at Friar's Nook
- Check out the sparkly Christmas Tree in Ye Old Christmas Shoppe!
- "One cast member said she was on break but would be glad to help, while another took the girls around the store and brought them in front of a magical Christmas tree. The cast member asked each girl to make a wish and magically, the tree sparkled!"
- Finding the "official ring" at the Haunted Mansion: close to a trash can as you meander through the interactive queue.
- The Christmas Castle lighting ceremony: There’s a nightly ceremony at 6:15 (Cinderella’s Holiday Wish) with Mickey and Friends, The Fairy Godmother, and Cinderella and Charming that you really don’t want to miss
- Eat dinner at Be Our Guest Restaurant - in all 3 of the rooms
- if at all possible, snag a table in the West Wing and keep an eye on the Prince’s portrait! Wait until you hear the thunder and watch the painting for a magical surprise during the lightning /when you see the petal fall from the rose, the picture of Adam will change quickly to the Beast and back. [this didn't work at lunch]
- Check out the snow falling from the windows!
- Opening ceremonies at Epcot (if any?) and Animal Kingdom
- Magic Kingdom was done on my last solo trip and Studios a couple times as it is necessary for TSM!
- Veiled Maiden from the Kringla Bakeri in Norway
- Okonomiyaki, from Katsura Grill
- Nudel Graten from Somerfest in Germany
- Open the old Coke freezer at the Outpost for a Surprise
- The brioche pressed ice cream sammiches in France!
- Hidden Mickey in the paintings on display in France
- Check out these details of the Morocco Pavilion:
- Across from Morocco is an aqua-duct. They use it grow vegetables and plants. Most people will walk right on by without noticing it. [the new construction blocked this]
- There is a prayer room made of “gold”. It is open to the general public and any CMs that want to use it. [I walked around and didn't see it]
- Maybe I can find the above on a Treasures of Morocco tour??
- The Osborne Family Spectacle of Lights
- The fried cheese and the s'mores dessert (and Viewfinder menu) at 50's Prime Time
- After you exit the ToT library there are fuse boxes on the left side, pull the lever
- Cobb salad and grapefruit cake at the Brown Derby
- Try each and every cupcake at Starring Rolls and on my Cupcake Encyclopedia
Marble and Butterfinger are done already! Red Velvet A new chocolate cherry one! I scooped AJ!
- Peanut Butter Chocolate
- Animal Kingdom
- Camp Minnie Mickey (RIP) - Herb and Flora talking bushes
- Dinoland Jeep behind which is a row of fossils in the wall that are musical
- Pippa the talking recycling bin at AK entrance
- At end of Bugs life, look up and watch the bugs fly out
- The little dinosaur fountain- a dinosaur head that spits out water
- General/Out of Parks
- Try each "tour" offered
- Magic Kingdom Park
- Disney's Family Magic Tour
Disney's Keys to the Kingdom Tour
- Disney's The Magic Behind Our Steam Trains Tour
- Walt Disney: Marceline to Magic Kingdom Tour
- Gardens of the World (offered seasonally)
- The UnDISCOVERed Future World
- Disney's Dolphins in Depth
- Epcot DiveQuest
- Epcot Seas Aqua Tours
- Epcot Behind the Seeds (15% discount)
- Disney's Animal Kingdom Theme Park
- Wild by Design
- Backstage Safari
- Multiple Theme Parks and Backstage Areas
- Backstage Magic
- Disney's Holiday D-Lights (offered seasonally)
- Disney's Yuletide Fantasy (offered seasonally)
- Grand Floridian
- Arrancini and dessert at Citricos
- Strawberries and cream from the GF Cafe
- Victoria and Albert's (regular and the chef's table)
- Key from GF
- Ladybug release Thursdays at GF
Brownie frosting sandwich at Earl of Sandwich Did at Disneyland but would do again
- Butter Chicken at Sanaa
Bread pudding from Ohana (but I should try this again)
- Boardwalk Bakery
Salted caramel ganache
- Pull-apart brioche
- Blackberry macaron
Use my Disney Visa points to make myself one of those custom charm bracelets (need to add more)
- OKAY FINE: basically all of these that I haven't done (as of April 2012, my score is 27 but I attribute that to my heavier focus on Deluxe Resort dining (where is Captain Cook's grownup grilled cheese? Whither Jiko's filet with mac n cheese?))
Monday, March 19, 2012
Note to Self: Disney World To Do List
You may have read my Disneyland To Do List and my WDW bucket list. Here is the running list I have going for things that are probably a little more achievable than some of the things on my bucket list. I try to cross things off the list with each trip. And yes, there will be some overlap between this and my bucket list, but I think of this as a more realistic "To Do" list than a "Bucket" list. And yes, a lot of them revolve around food. :) Enjoy!
Posted by V @ No Privacy At All Around This Place! at 6:00 AM