Friday, February 11, 2011

Magical Memories: 1980s Blue Strollers in Disney World

The next installment in our retro Magical Memories series:
(c) http://wn.com/Shields_and_Yarnell, World News Shields and Yarnell breakfast show
Do you guys remember the old school blue strollers Disney offered back in the day (80s, possibly early 90s)?  As I recall they were a light blue plasticky canvas and metal, and had a canopy on top.   I am definitely sure of the canopy. When I was small enough, my little sis would sit on the bottom and my dad would plop me on top of the canopy to watch the Main Street parade.  I couldn't find a great pic but I think they are exactly like the ones above.  Ahhh memories!

If you want additional pictures of the blue strollers, check out this link from the Imaginerding blog and this one from Distherapy.  Love it!

P.S. Hope it's okay for me to use that pic with the proper credit!  If not, World News authorities should please contact me and I'll take it down ASAP.

1 comment:

  1. I used to work at Epcot in 1988 and my job was to clean, prep, rent, then retrieve, clean and stack up to 8 high this crazy things. At night, we had to go out into the park and get all the abandoned strollers that tired parents left behind. They were heavy, cumbersome, and nasty when they came back from a day in the park... but it was still fun working there

    ReplyDelete