Monday, January 2, 2012

Disneyland Trip Recap Part 8: the Monorail!

Before we continue, please read this blog post and tell me your thoughts in the comments.  I would love some feed back!  Now returning to our regularly scheduled blog post in 3 . . . 2 . . . 1 . . .

I LOVE riding the Monorail in Disney World.  It helps that I have always stayed at the Polynesian which is on the Monorail track.  In fact, I will almost always take a ride around each loop just for fun.  So of COURSE I had to ride the Monorail at Disneyland when I was there.

Monorail from the railroad

I asked the conductor if I could ride in the front (due to the lack of tragic accidents in Disneyland, this is allowed) and he said I could!  Riding in the front provided a terrific view and made me miss the days when we would get to ride in the front of the Monorail at WDW. 



The Disneyland Monorail loop is not nearly as extensive as the WDW version.  It goes through the park a little, then through DCA a little (with a view of the back areas that are not very pretty but cool to see nonetheless), then through the Grand Californian (pretty cool), and stops at a station in Downtown Disney.

I got out of the first car at the station and switched to the back car so I could get the full experience.  Like the difference between the WDW and DL railroads, the DL monorail seats face outwards towards the sides of the car (while the WDW monorail, like its railroad counterpart, face front/back). 

Tomorrowland Station

The last half of the loop flies over the Disneyland Entrace, around the Matterhorn (very cool), and back to the Tomorrowland station by the Finding Nemo submarines where I first picked it up.  I am so glad I got to try it out!

No comments:

Post a Comment