Friday, January 13, 2012

Flashback Friday / Disneyland Trip Recap Part 10: Haunted Mansion Overlay


Okay so I'm not flashing back TOO far, but what the heck?  Welcome and flashback with me alll the day to November 2011!!

Although I was a bit disappointed that the Christmas decorations were already up, this did give me the opportunity to check out the Disneyland Haunted Mansion holiday overlay.  Fortunately (for me at least), the ride was stopped a couple times while I was on it (one time the lights even came on briefly) (no evac though - sad) so I took the opportunity to take some quick pictures. 


I will say that somehow, the holiday overlay makes the ride even creepier.  It kind of freaked me out! 
My one disappointment is that I wanted to hear the gargoyles in the stretching room whisper "get out!" as my podcasts have told me they do after the preshow.  When I asked the cast member if I could, he had no idea what I was talking about.  Then he told me that they probably don't do that now since the audio is changed for the holidays.  Fair enough.  I will have to try to catch it the next time I'm in WDW (which will be VERY soon hint hint!). 


Anyways, I really enjoyed experiencing the creepy-festive overlay!



Focused on the Magic

No comments:

Post a Comment