Thursday, January 5, 2012

Disneyland Trip Recap Part 9: Evac'd!

Before we continue, PLEASE read this blog post and let me know your thoughts. I would love some feedback! Okay, now back to our regularly scheduled trip recap in 3 . . . 2 . . . 1 . . .


In all the days in my life that I have spent at a Disney park, I had never been evacuated off a ride.  Until recently, I was pleased with that fact.  But now I want to know what it's like to get to walk off Spaceship Earth!

Well on my Disneyland trip, I had the pleasure of getting evac'd off a ride at last!  It was our second ride on Indiana Jones.  We were there to catch the hidden mickey on the skeleton that we'd missed the first time.  We hit the end of the queue and got on the ride vehicle.  Two front row seats on the left side - prime viewing for our target.  You go by it in a flash so we had to be quick or we'd miss it again.



The vehicle skirted under Mara's watchful eye.  We started to head up the slight hill as we saw Indy calling to us from a large door.  And then . . . nothing.  The vehicle stopped.  Halfway up the hill we weren't moving.  The audioanimatronic loop kept going as a cast member announced that the ride had stopped and to please stay in our seats. 

After a few minutes, a cast member came by to babysit us.  Then the lights came on.  The cast member said it was our vehicle that had broken down and we'd have to walk back.  They brought a stepladder and helped everyone off the truck. 

The cast member told us to stay on the walkway and not to take any pictures.  Some guests did not oblige.  It was cool to see some of the decor up close, but I wished that we had been further into the ride so we would have a longer walk back!



When we got back to the loading area, the cast members told us to stay here.  I think they were determining whether they could put us immediately back on the ride or not.  In any event, after a little wait, they told us to leave via the exit, where we would meet another few cast members and that we should tell them how many people were in our party. 
 
I told the cast member there were two of us and she gave us a single "fast pass" ticket that was good for up to six!  We could use it any time that day (hence my quotes around "fast pass" since it's not exactly like the usual FP tickets dispensed by the machines).  I am so glad I got to experience that and, don't be mad, but I kind of hope I get evac'd off more rides in the future!

No comments:

Post a Comment