Friday, September 26, 2014

Favorite Food Friday: Norwegian pastries

Welcome to another Favorite Food Friday hosted by Disney Day by Day!

I'm continuing my recap of my trip from September 2013.  You can find the earlier posts here and here and here and here and here and here!

I had a whole list of treats I wanted to try on this trip and I made a pretty good dent in the list when I went to Kringla.   The Veiled Maiden wasn't available and I haven't seen it on the menu since so I think I might have missed my chance to try it!


Above we have the Troll Horn (Cloudberry Jam with Whipped Cream in a Crispy Pastry Sugar-coated Shell) which I liked very much, as well as the Verdens Best (Rum Cake with Custard and Almond Meringue topping), which was harder to eat.  I liked the rum cake part but the cake plus the custard plus the hard meringue was tough to get all into one bite.  



Of course I had to try the Lefse! This is Potato Flatbread rolled with a Sweet Cinnamon Butter.   I think I would have liked more butter or some other filling.  It was a bit dense/dry.





I think the winner was the cake part of Verdens Beste but frankly, I will take a cupcake over these guys any day!




Now hop on to the next stops!

DisneyDayByDay


And don' t forget to link up!


1 comment:

  1. Wow they all look Amazing, we are addicted to the sweet pretzel so that is always our default - looks like we need to branch out some. Thanks for sharing and linking up with Favorite Food Friday!

    ReplyDelete