Monday, March 26, 2012

Solo Trip Recap Part 3: Dinner at Citricos


So I checked in at AKL and immediately hit up the Studios for a Marble Cupcake from Starring Rolls and a gourmet Mac N Cheese hot dog from Fairfax Fare.  Oh yeah, and to ride some rides and stuff.  :)  After finishing my day at DHS, I headed over to the Grand Floridian for dinner at Citricos!  I had never eaten here before and figured now was a great time to try it out!

Citricos Entrance

After a very short wait, I was seated by a lovely Brazilian hostess.  We chatted about the hordes of Brazilians in the parks that day (seriously, who was watching Brazil because the entire country was obviously at Disney World?).  It took a loooooooooong time for the waiter to come to me.  I feel like he had too many tables.  The wait was kind of ridiculous.  Fortunately I wasn't that hungry yet. 

The bread and butter were delicious although I failed to take a picture of it.  And right after I placed my order, what should happen right in front of me (I was not at a window table but was facing and window with no one in my field of vision) but Wishes! 



Yep, I could enjoy the fireworks while enjoying my bread and butter and drink! (Keep scrolling even if you think the firework pics are boring - there are food pics below!)







At last my beet salad appetizer came.  OMG it was delicious.  The tangy goat cheese plus the sweetness of the beets (golden, pink, and almost-black red) was refreshing and just delectable.



And here is my duck entree.  It was good but I think it paled in comparison to my appetizer.  The haricot verts were meh.  The duck was cooked perfectly and the mashed potatoes (?) was good too.  They must have changed the menu because I don't see it offered online anymore.  It was yummy but not memorable.

I was too full for dessert (quel tragique!) so I waddled over to Epcot for a Test Track ride before heading back to my room at AKL, full and sated but thoroughly exhausted.

No comments:

Post a Comment