Friday, March 30, 2012

Solo Trip Recap Part 4: The Mara (and Flashback Friday)

Although I had been to Boma before, I hadn't tried any of the other eateries available at AKL.  I decided to take advantage of them while I was staying there! 

So after I got back from Harry Potter World (which, if you're not interested in anything at Universal except the Harry Potter part like me, you can finish in the first 2 hours of the morning and end up back at your resort with no plans or other park tickets), I decided to relax by the pool with some munchies from the Mara. 


I've never tried the Disney World flatbreads before.  I know they come highly touted but they look like cheap mall food to me.  And that's pretty much what they are.  It wasn't BAD, but, shrug.  I'm not impressed. 

I also grabbed a yellow cake/vanilla frosting cupcake (not pictured) while I was there (I rarely try the classic cupcakes because I'm so busy trying the fancier ones).  Then I checked out. 

THEN I remembered that the Mara sells Zebra Domes.  I had tried them at Boma, but I figured it was time for another go.



They're fine.  I don't really like the cake bottom - it tastes just like spongy, unflavorful swiss-roll-type cake.  I think the amaretto is a tad too strong and I'm not a fan of white chocolate regardless of the form.  But still, not bad.  Just . . . meh.  Which is how I felt about them at Boma so at least I'm consistent.  They also got a little melty in the sun by the pool. 

Thanks to Deb at Focused on the Magic for hosting this week's Flashback Friday Blog Hop - now hop on to the next stop!


Focused on the Magic

No comments:

Post a Comment