Friday, September 20, 2013

Brief Rant: The Disney Afternoon is What's Wrong with My Generation

So as a free member of D23, I was perusing their newsletter recently and came across a link to audio of the Disney Afternoon theme song.  The Disney Afternoon aired from 1990 to 1997 - so basically when people my age were in elementary school and middle school.  

A flood of memories immediately rushed to mind.  What a great song!  But, have you heard the lyrics lately?  Here is the chorus:

"There's so much to do
Getting ready just for you
Everybody's busy
Bringing you a Disney afternoon (hey!)
Can't you feel the buzz
Well, you're gonna' feel the buzz because
Everybody's busy
Just a little dizzy
Bringing you a Disney afternoon."

Getting ready just for ME!  Everyone is working to bring ME a fun time?  My my, I must be the center of the universe after all!  I don't have to do anything but sit here and expect my 
delightful entertainment to begin!  This is an excellent message for an 8 year old.  

No wonder Millenials are viewed as lazy and entitled.  

#rantover






Guys, you DO know that I'm not blaming Disney or the song for the problems of the Millenials right?  Just want to make that clear.  LOL

No comments:

Post a Comment