Friday, June 28, 2013

Favorite Food Friday: Earl of Sandwich's Club plus cupcakes!!!

Welcome back to another Favorite Food Friday hosted by the daring Disney Day by Day!

You guys may remember my first Earl of Sandwich review of the Full Montagu and the Original 1762 (and the Coronet Cakes): here.  


Well when Sarah of the Eating WDW blog started participating in the Eat Each Sandwich challenge, I knew I had to join in as well!  I also reviewed the Chicken Chipotle Avocado Sandwich (and their chocolate chip coookie) and the All American Sandwich (plus oatmeal mini cookies)! 


Today we try the Earl's Club on wheat, which has turkey, bacon, Swiss, "sandwich sauce" lettuce and tomato. 


As you can see, it was very soggy.  The sauce seemed to be some kind of mayo/thousand island dressing.  I think there was mustard in there too.




The inside looks less soggy, but it still wasn't a great sandwich.  I can get a plain old club sandwich at other places where it's not overdressed AND cheaper.  Save your Earl money for another choice.

I ALSO tried not one but two Earl cupcakes: chocolate and vanilla.



The vanilla got smooshed in transit - not Earl's fault.



Both cupcakes were a normal size and pretty tasty.  You can see the vanilla bean flecks in the vanilla frosting and the chocolate flavor was rich, not fake tasting.  

What was extra great is that the vanilla one was filled with more vanilla inside the cake!  You guys know how I feel about cupcakes without filling inside - sacrilege!!!



The chocolate one was not filled but that could be an oversight.  Plus, it was the perfect opportunity to show you guys the CORRECT way to eat a cupcake.  This technique ensures an even cake:frosting ratio in every bite!





DisneyDayByDay

2 comments:

  1. That chocolate cupcake looks delicious! And I love your way to eat it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. First I have heard of that cupcake trick, I need to try that now. The cupcakes do look great, the sandwich not so much. Thanks for linking up this week!

    ReplyDelete