Thursday, December 13, 2012

Destination Disney Quote #14

I don't always play along on this blog hop - not because it's not an AWESOME blog hop (LOVE Heidi!) but because sometimes the quotes don't speak to me or I don't have a good photo for it.

This quote spoke to me today.  Primarily because I just got dumped by someone I really liked.  I have been against dating for many years (causes more pain than happiness over all) but this one was compelling . . . and I got punched in the gut (metaphorically) yet again.  Sigh.

I am enormously sad but I still like myself.  A lot.  Enough to know I am worth protecting and never to risk heartbreak again.  Walt was right: the more you like yourself, the less you are like anyone else, which makes you unique.

So, sorry for being so emo today.  Here's a picture to make up for it:


That's me, my mom, and my sister (who surprised us at the Orlando airport on the last WDW trip I took with my mom).  I was so happy.  I hope to be that happy again soon.

1 comment:

  1. I'm so sorry you are having to go through heartbreak right now, especially so close to the holidays. But, I'm glad that this week's quote means something to you and that you were able to participate! I love that picture - so cute!

    ReplyDelete