Monday, February 6, 2012

Disneyland Trip Recap Part 15: Fantasmic

Confession:  I have never seen Fantasmic, despite having had visited the Studios since their inception.  I know, I know.  But you know what?  I hate crowds and I hate waiting and I hate having bad seats.  And really, you cannot avoid all three of those to see Fantasmic.




At Disneyland, Fantasmic occurs in front of Tom Sawyer Island.  I happened to be getting off my final Haunted Mansion ride as people were lining up for the show, so I decided to go ahead and sit down and wait.  I got a seat in the very front almost dead center on the floor (another bonus of solo Disney travel: you don't have to make room for strollers and husbands and other incidentals). 
Where it occurs (view from Tarzan's Treehouse):


Unfortunately, I was cold and kind of bored and was sitting in front of a metal fence.  But still, better than standing in the back, trying to see over people right?  If I'm going to do Fantasmic I might as well do it right.  So the show begins. 




Shrug.  It was FINE.  It didn't take my breath away like parts of Illuminations can.  I don't need to do it again at DL.  It wasn't bad; it was just . . . meh.  Granted I wasn't thrilled getting sprayed with water or with the fence impairing my view, so maybe that had something to do with it. 




Or maybe I'm just not the kind of person who LOVES Fantasmic. I am still going to try to see the WDW version someday.  Maybe I will love it better there.

1 comment:

  1. Wow! it sure is fun. We can't wait for our next Disneyland trip

    ReplyDelete